For more help or advice on which raised toilet seat or safety rail is right for you, check out our buying guide or call our dedicated customer care team at 1-800-487-3808 between 9:00am and 6pm (EST) daily. Alternatively, click here to send us an email or live chat with a customer service agent. We’re always happy to help!
Who Needs a Raised Toilet Seat?
Raised toilet seats and safety rails are designed specifically for those who have a difficult time maneuvering from the sit to stand position on a standard toilet. This may be due to lack of balance, recovering from surgery, or conditions such as; arthritis, back, knee or hip pain - making it difficult and painful to lower oneself without assistance.
Benefits of a Raised Toilet Seat or Safety Rails
- Arm rails provide additional support for those with limited mobility
- Adds 3 to 6 inches of additional height to toilet seat
- Raised height eliminates the need to bend so low to sit down
- Ease strain on legs, back and knees
- Reduce the risks of falls
- Promote independence while toileting
Types of Toilet Safety Aids For a more indepth comparison on raised toilet seats and safety rails, check out our complete guide here.
Raised Seats with Arms
- Provide 3 to 6 inches of additional height and attached safety rails.
- Both elongated and standard sizes available
- Attach securely to the toilet itself.
- Designed to be portable and easily installed/uninstalled.
- Provide 3 to 6 inches of additional height
- Attach directly to toilet seats
- Do not include side safety rails
Stand Alone Rails
- Safety frame and handrails that stand on the ground around the base of the toilet
- Can be easily moved from one location to another
- Do not provide additional toilet seat height
- Do not attach directly to toilet
- Handrails that are secured directly to the toilet
- Do not provide additional seat height